We currently have one vacancy.
Flexi Bank Complementary Therapist
- Kilbryde Hospice (Clinical)
- Responsible To
- Complementary Therapies Co-ordinator
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a high quality, safe and supportive environment for patients and carers within clinical areas and/or in their own home, meeting their identified physical and psychosocial needs.
- To be responsible for the assessment, care and treatment of patient/carer. While providing hands on therapies, you will also communicate information concerning patient’s care including the completion of accurate and comprehensive records
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that a comprehensive, individual assessment is/has been carried out with each patient/carer prior to treatment, as per Kilbryde Hospice guidelines.
- Ascertain/be aware of any contraindications or safety issues identified, and adjust treatment plan accordingly to ensure patient/carer safety.
- Within a community setting, to the best of your ability, ensure patient/carer comfort and safety during treatment by adapting therapies according to working environment.
- Implement therapies in accordance with assessment information obtained and Kilbryde Hospice safety and hygiene guidance/protocols.
At all times (within and outwith working hours) be aware of the need for client confidentiality.
- Accurately record treatment provided, and details of any Aromasticks / oils / creams / waxes used (including dosage).
- Ensure therapy treatment rooms and equipment are maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure the highest standards of professionalism and personal appearance are maintained during working hours.
- Be responsible for own Continued Professional Development and keep up to date with advancements, research and evidence regarding practice.
- Participate in educational and training sessions relevant to the role.
- Undertake any other tasks (as identified by the Complementary Therapies Co-ordinator) to assist in the smooth running of Kilbryde Hospice.
KNOWLEDGE, TECHNICAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have a minimum of two years post-qualification experience.
- Possess insured qualifications (recognised by a relevant governing body) for the following therapies:
– Body/Swedish Massage
(Additional therapies will be advantageous but will not be accepted as substitutes for those therapies listed above).
- Possess a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology.
- Be registered with a relevant professional body Eg FHT, CNHC (at post holder’s own cost) and adhere to its regulations and code of conduct
- Hold and maintain current professional indemnity insurance (at post holder’s own cost).
- Possess excellent experience in therapy provision and an understanding of the appropriate alteration of therapies for life limiting conditions.
- Be able to work effectively in a health care setting and to integrate complementary therapies with conventional medicine.
- Strong listening and communication skills, warmth and sensitivity.
- Be able to work as part of a team while having the confidence to work with patients and carers on a one-to-one basis.
- Be able to treat all patients, carers/relatives and work colleagues with dignity and respect, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, age or religion.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES
- Have a good understanding and comply with relevant Kilbryde Hospice Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Kilbryde Hospice is committed to encouraging volunteering throughout the organisation and as such the post holder will be expected to support and work effectively with volunteers.
- All staff are required to comply with the obligation of confidentiality relating to personal information that could identify individuals. The Data Protection Act 1974/1998 and GDPR (2018) safeguards the handling of information held in both electronic and manual filing systems and it is the duty of all staff employed by Kilbryde Hospice to uphold the principles of the Act.
- All employees of Kilbryde Hospice must be aware of infection prevention and control policies and are expected to follow them at all times. Any breach of infection control policies which places patients, visitors or colleagues at risk may result in disciplinary action.
- The post holder is required to familiarise him/herself with and comply with the Kilbryde Hospice Health & Safety policies.
- The post holder must at all times carry out duties and responsibilities with regard to the Kilbryde Hospice Code of Conduct.
- Kilbryde Hospice operates a strict non-smoking policy in the hospice or Hairmyres hospital grounds.
- The post-holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities in line with Kilbryde Hospice Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy.
Review of Job Description
This job description is an outline of the key duties and responsibilities of the role and is not intended as an exhaustive list. The job description may change over time to reflect the changing needs of the service. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that could reasonably be considered commensurate with the post. This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed/updated following consultation.
Please note CV will not be accepted in place of an application form.
Application close on 28th of February 2018
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com or posted to Kilbryde Hospice, McGuinness Way, Hairmyres, East Kilbride, G75 8GJ’