We currently have one vacancy.
Assistant Retail Manager
- Responsible To
- Retail Manager
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Retail team, the post holder will be an experienced Retail assistant who will support in the management of Kilbryde Hospice Retail outlets, under the direction of the Retail Manager. The post holder will also carry out duties as required within the Hospice’s Retail Warehouse in East Kilbride. Working between several Kilbryde Hospice locations, this post will be interesting and diverse.
Kilbryde Hospice provides specialist palliative care services to the people of South Lanarkshire. It is a specialist resource for those individuals receiving palliative care who have particularly complex needs. The Hospice strives to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients and carers, offering support in coping with the practical implications of life-limiting illnesses. Staff are required to provide the highest standard of patient-centred care possible, while promoting choice, dignity, self-esteem and an enhanced quality of life. The Hospice is a Company Limited by guarantee, and a registered charity, and is required by separate and differing legislation to meet finance, governance and regulatory requirements.
Within the Retail environment our goal is to raise monies to support the services of the Hospice. Kilbryde Hospice will need in the region of £2.5 million/year to support the running of the in-patient services, the money raised within our Retail environment helps to support this.
- To provide a high quality, safe and engaging environment for the public to browse and shop for donated/second hand goods.
- To support the retail operation through effective management of our shops, warehouse and team of volunteers. Your role will be to ensure we reach the daily, weekly and monthly goals of each location by engaging our Retail volunteers and other staff to make the environments welcoming.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of the shops / warehouse
- Ensure a courteous, enthusiastic and helpful service is provided to the public at all times by management and volunteers in a clean and tidy environment
- Ensure a daily replenishment of required stock is carried out, to keep the shops at full capacity. Donations should also be sorted on a daily basis to ensure we have the best possible stock to choose from when replenishing.
- Oversee and update the pricing policy and research specific items where required.
- Work to maintain a high standard of stock both on the shop floor and in the stockroom.
- Encourage donations from the public of both stock and cash, informing them of the type of stock sold and therefore donations required at all stores
- Ensure appropriate promotion of other shops is taking place within each store.
- Presentation of individual items and the shop floor as a whole is paramount. Oversee the best possible presentation of goods and re-merchandising options advised by the retail manager.
- Ensure a fresh shopping experienced is maintained for regular customers using re- merchandising, themed displays and promotions.
- Work with the other assistant retail managers regarding stock control. Stock transfers between shops should be carried out on a weekly basis – following the outlined procedure, however using your initiative where appropriate.
- Ensure all areas are kept tidy and well organised to allow all retail operations to be as efficient as possible.
- Maintain contact with other assistant retail managers, the retail manager and attend meetings where necessary which may be held out with trading hours.
- Work with the retail manager and volunteers to cultivate external relationships to promote branch activity within the local community, including seeking out and attending events both to promote the shops and to use as additional sales outlets.
Please note CV will not be accepted in place of an application form.
Application close on 27th March 2018
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com or posted to Kilbryde Hospice, McGuinness Way, Hairmyres, East Kilbride, G75 8GJ