Summary of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Charity Shop Assistant – This role is based at our two East Kilbride shops or our Hamilton shop. The role includes customer service, shop front and stock control
- Warehouse Stock Assistant – This role is based at our new industrial unit. This is the main storage and sorting depot for all donations to the hospice and the role includes, sorting, preparation and pricing of donations for sale.
- Drivers – This role involves working within the charity shops and warehouse to uplift and distribute stock.
- Office Support / Administration / Reception – This role provides direction to all patients, carers and visitors as well as supporting the administration team with phone calls and correspondence.
- Events and Fundraising Support – This is a flexible ad hoc role to assist with the various events and initiatives to raise funds for the hospice. A friendly outgoing attitude is required as the role involves approaching the public while at stalls, can collections and other events.
- Befriender – This role provides a listening ear and support to patients and carers in their own homes
- Drop In – This role includes providing direction to all patients, carers and visitors when they arrive at the hospice, organising refreshments, listening and providing support and information as required.
- Hairdressers – This role is about providing hairdressing to our patients and carers in our purpose built hairdressing salon within the hospice. Qualified hairdressers are required for this role preferably with experience of working with those whose hair has been affected by life limiting illnesses
- Complementary Therapists – Therapists qualified in a variety of areas are required to provide our patients with a range of treatments depending on their needs and preferences. We specifically require therapists with qualifications in aromatherapy massage, Indian head massage and reflexology.
- Day Services – Working alongside our nurses and complementary therapists, this role will assist patients by listening, preparing and serving meals, and supporting their needs.
Our hospice services currently run Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. We will soon, however, also need support in the evenings and weekends. Our shop roles require support 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm. Many of our fundraising roles are more ad hoc, providing support as and when different events and opportunities arise. Please get in touch to chat about which role might suit you best.