Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission Statement
Kilbryde Hospice is a voluntary independent hospice which exists to provide compassionate, specialist palliative care to people with life limiting progressive illnesses and to their relatives and carers.
Our services are free and available to those people with palliative care needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, faith, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age or financial means
We are committed to providing the specialist care of a highest standard for people with a life-limiting progressive illness, and aim to add quality and meaning to their life.
- For each individual we will ensure compassionate care and support throughout their journey, recognising their individual choices and respecting their dignity.
- We aim to create a therapeutic environment that is calm, relaxing and friendly, and which allows individuals and families comfort, privacy and dignity.
- We respect the individuality of each person and offer the freedom to express and practice religious, spiritual, philosophical and cultural beliefs.
- Care also extends to those people who are close to the patient, and into the bereavement period after the person has died.
- We will work collaboratively with NHS Lanarkshire, Integrated Joint Boards of North and South Lanarkshire and other service providers in the development of localised palliative care services and to ensure responsive, seamless care.
- We are committed to further development and improvement of our services through consultation with stakeholders.
- We will recruit, train and develop our staff and volunteers to achieve continuous quality improvement in our provision of care.
- We will manage our business model and resources proficiently to achieve sustainability over the long term.
Have you received care and support from Kilbryde Hospice? Tell us what was good or what could have been better and get a response on the Care Opinion website. It’s safe, and anonymous.
Kilbryde Hospice Staff and Volunteers Values
Acknowledging & promoting key values as an organisation has positive impacts on areas such as staff involvement, organisational commitment & job satisfaction.
Our staff & volunteers worked as a group to draft our core values. Kilbryde Hospice works to ensure these core values are upheld within the organisation with the aim of leading to greater enjoyment and fulfillment at work.
Our Staff and Volunteer Values
Kilbryde Hospice operates a culture free from deceit and promotes sincerity, openness and truthfulness from all staff and volunteers within the organisation.
Kilbryde Hospice operates a culture whereby all staff and volunteers treat each other in a courteous, polite and considerate manner.
Kilbryde Hospice operates a culture of a fair and objective attitude towards staff and volunteers, who have cultural or ethnic practices or opinions which may differ from our own.
Kilbryde Hospice operates a culture whereby each member of staff or volunteer, demonstrates a moral responsibility and is accountable for the role they have been entrusted to fulfil within the establishment