COVID-19 Visiting Guidelines
COVID–19 Visiting Guidelines
Up to 3 nominated visitors are permitted to visit for 2 hours in the afternoon (2-4pm) and between 6pm-7.30pm. Children are permitted with a guardian and are excluded from the numbers.
Advice for Visitors
- Patients are reassessed daily by senior medical and nursing staff and any changes to visiting for your family will be communicated to you daily by our Family Support Team.
- If you are unable to visit for whatever reason nursing or medical staff are happy to provide updates on your relative or friend’s condition via telephone at a convenient time.
- The Clinical Team are happy to support patients to keep in touch with those who are unable to visit via phone / Face Time / WhatsApp on their own devices to maintain communication with their loved ones .
- Children or grandchildren of our patients are welcome to visit by pre-arrangement. They must wear face coverings and be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Any visitors showing signs of COVID-19 should not visit
- Do not arrive to the hospice unannounced and please check with Nurse in Charge on 01355 202020 prior to visiting
- All visitors will be asked to have their temperature checked and recorded on arrival
- All visitors will complete a daily COVID-19 questionnaire prior to visit
- Visitors (where possible) should be driven to the hospice by a member of their household.
- Visitors should avoid using public transport especially after a visit.
- Visitors must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided to them by hospice at all times
- Kilbryde Hospice staff recognises that this must be a very difficult time for you. If you need support during or following your visit, then please ask a member of the nursing staff.
- Kilbryde Hospice Senior Management Team thank you for your support and cooperation during these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the nurse in charge of IPU
We appreciate that this must be a very challenging time for you and the Kilbryde Hospice Senior Management Team are very grateful to you for your cooperation in this matter.
We wish to make it very clear to those who would engage in any form of abuse or harassment towards our staff; it will not be tolerated. Any visitors who are found to be in breach of any of the guidelines above will be asked to leave the Hospice
Margaret Mary Cowan
Clinical Services Manager